Saturday 2 May 2009

Our big Greek Wedding....

My son got married on Spetses in Greece last weekend - beautiful bride, handsome groom, fantastic location!
I'm just recovering from cramming so much into 6 days. Flew into Athens on thursday, visited the Acropolis on friday & then went back and had a meal in the evening in view of the floodlit Acropolis, travelled by boat to Spetses on saturday, wedding was on sunday evening, travelled back to Athens on monday & flew home on tuesday. I certainly walked a few miles...
The wedding in the greek orthodox church was very different to an anglican wedding - but I was a very emotional and very proud mum.
This picture is SO my son...
time for the first dance
on the beach - the reception was held at a beachside restaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment