Friday 28 November 2008

embedding hair in resin...

I've been asked to make some resin pieces that have hair from a little girls 1st haircut embedded in the resin. I'm not sure how this will work and have been experimenting with a little bit of my own hair as I don't want to make mistakes with the real thing. They are destined to be presents for the grandparents at christmas - with the option for the grandmothers to wear them as necklaces & keyrings for the grandads. Not sure what to do with my experimental pieces when they have fully cured - who would want to wear my grey streaked hair, apart from me . I'm going to the hairdressers next week to get it coloured again - but I'm not vain !!!

This resin pendant has been a popular design & I've been asked to repeat it a number of times so I've added a chain and moved it to my finished resin jewellery category in Just K Jewellery.


I've also added this bracelet to Just K Jewellery - the blue flower beads are really pretty and I've used some cream swarovski pearl beads too which offset the blue beads beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment