Wednesday 26 March 2008

I've been to see the Queen...

Been into Windsor today to see the state visit of M & Madame Sarkosi. Mum said she was thinking of going on easter sunday & I decided to go with her. Windsor is my home town - went to school there & only moved out of the royal borough 7 years ago. I was thinking "what a stupid idea" as I drove up the motorway in the rain BUT it was worth it just to see all the beautiful horses. It wasn't very busy & we got a good position with a good view. I've been to quite a few of these occasions over the years - this was quite small scale in comparison. The soldiers all look so young & you can't help thinking that they've probably already seen active service in Iraq or Afghanistan. I'd forgotten what a lovely town Windsor is - although it was nicer in the good old days before it was such a tourist trap. You didn't have to pay to get in the castle grounds in those days & I remember when you could still go up the Round Tower & see a fabulous view. No constant plane noise either...

No comments:

Post a Comment